Challenge Packs!

Monday, August 10, 2009

I bonked..HARD..yesterday!

Yesterday was Day 3 of INSANITY and I don't know if you know what it means to "bonk," but basically your blood sugar levels drop, lactic acid builds up so much in your system from exercise, and you basically feel like crap. All you want to do is sleep and agonize about how awful you feel. The last time I bonked hard was during the Marine Corps Marathon at about mile 22. I had that feeling ALL day yesterday. So, from personal experience, I knew the only way to really combat this and keep going with my training, is to eat, eat some more, and sleep some more, all the while; drinking a ton of water. When you bonk, you tend not to feel hungry, and I felt that. So I was forcefully feeding myself about every 2 hours yesterday with good healthy food, but I really didn't want to eat. I just wanted to lay in bed all day and sleep. And sleep I did, I went to bed at 8 and woke up at 7! (Thanks Jason! He knows the feeling all too well, he ran the marathon with me <3). Well, this morning, I feel ALOT better, no bonky feeling, and I'm excited to work out today. Soreness is still there, but no where near as bad as yesterday..I can actually walk up and down the stairs without almost falling over, ha. I'll let you know how I feel after today's workout :).

No comments: