Challenge Packs!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn


I am SO unbelievably tired..Isabel is not taking too kindly to the move and re-adjusting her sleeping patterns in a different place. I mean, she's happy and all, but at night, she just wants me to hold her. So last night, I put my foot down. Isabel is almost 1 year old. I'm not using the "Ferber" (semi-cry it out) method, but I like to call it the "Demi" method. LOL. I put her down when she was really sleepy, and she does her normal thing for now, goes to sleep then wakes up in 5 minutes. SO not fun. I let her cry no longer than 5 minutes. She would barely make it to 5 minutes MOST of the time. But last night she must have had an extra dose of determination, because she did this ALL night. Jason was kind enough to get the kids ready for school and let me sleep until 8 am, but I'm still tired though! Somewhere around 3 am I got to the point where I was just like, "She's just going to have to cry until she falls asleep." I couldn't bare to go back in my bed until she was really SLEEPING, so I fell asleep in the hallway outside her door. Ha. Crazy mom am I. That time she cried for about 10 minutes, Jason told me, he saw me sleeping on the floor, he was awake, and he said I was OUT on the floor, and he didn't want to wake me, so he gave me a blanket and pillow to tough out the night, he knew if I woke up, I'd be UP, so he was smart in leaving me be. Hopefully tonight will be better. I heard somewhere it takes 3 days for all to level out. One night down!

Now working out while tired, shall I say, totally SUCKS, but I'm totally still doing it. I know it will make me feel better, on top of a SHAKEOLOGY, I know I'll feel almost 100% :).

3 comments:

Jade said...

Hang in there!! It's tough when the wee ones cry like that, but stay strong!

Missresa's said...

You are such a good mommy, Demi!!! And your hubby is a very smart man for letting you get as much sleep as possible, even if you were under some crazy sleeping arrangements... Things will get better, and before you know it, it will all be over! Your cutie-pie will be sleeping well for you as long as you stick to your guns. I'll be keeping the two of you in my prayers!

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Wow... that brought back some memories! So sorry you're having to go through this rough patch but I know it will soon be behind you. My boys were horrible at sleep training (or was it me?) and I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep!!