Challenge Packs!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holy Moly

Well, the Pull up bar was a semi-success. The stupid brackets in the P90X bar kit are PIECES OF CRAP. The pull up bar itself, is good. And get this-if you install it on a door frame in the middle of a wall-the leverage is all you need. You don't even need those stupid brackets and those weak screws. PLUS-the directions were wrong. When we hung it up, and we did a 'test' pull up, the thing was swayin' in the breeze..and almost fell. I am definately writing an email or calling them on this. It does work now..my workout room has changed to the bedroom though. On the upside of things, my parents had some spare dumbells laying around, and combined with my 15's-I almost got a "full" set! Sweet! For me, all I need is 5-25's, and I got everything, BUT the 10's, 20's, and 25's. So I figure, whenever we drop in at target or walmart, we'll pick up a pair. They might not all match and be pretty-but hey, they get the job done. I have a crappy chair, the pullup bar, and an emerging set of dumbells..in a very small room, with a very, very, small TV. And I could't be happier!

I'll be done with Phase 1 this week..almost time for the 30 day photos!

No comments: