Challenge Packs!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh my my

This past week has been pretty rough. Alana came down with pneumonia (again!), and we did the standard drill: dr visit, chest x ray, antibiotics. 2 days, and she's usually much better. This time though, she had a fever that would not get better for over a week, and her fever got worse. We took her back to the dr, and her pneumonia actually got worse and spread throughout her lungs. So Dr. T gave her a mega booster of antibiotics via a huge syringe, in both thighs. She's so brave! He pretty much gauraunteed me that this will get her better. So I'm much more at ease. I think I got some of Alana's germy germs though since I have a cold now, yuk! It seems the only one doing spectacularly well is Isabel. Who, I might add, took 4 bottles today! I'm not great at pumping, so I gave her a couple little bottles of formula. Babies are notorious for getting the milk out better than pumps, which is my case. I'm probably going to go rent a hospital grade pump so I can store some up for nights out. Till then, she'll occasionally drink a teeny bottle of yuk formula. And that's only really when someone is watching her and I'm not there. Today was great practice with the bottle today for her, and I'm sooooo proud and happy! Extra long date night coming soon! woohoo!

1 comment:

life in a positive direction said...

I am so sorry to hear that Alana got worse. I hope she gets better as promised soon!! Also, I hope that you stay healthy. I am sure that it cannot be easy taking care of babies when you are sick-eek!!! Although, ummm Isa is taking bottles!!!! How amazing is that! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!! Love ya babe.