Challenge Packs!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Second dr appt

We had our second dr appt yesterday, and I gotta tell you, it was amazing. I was contemplating writing this or not because it almost felt too personal to share, but I figured what the heck. We went in thinking we were going to hear the babies heartbeat. When the dr was prodding around with his doppler, we didn't hear anything. Everyone got kinda quiet, and the dr had a concerned look on his face which officially made me freak out. He said that sometimes it happens and to be sure everything is ok, we'll bring out the ultrasound machine right now and look at it. Well ok! So on came in the big ol' machine and here I am getting an ultrasound, far sooner than I thought I would. Jason and Alana are with me by the way. As soon as he starts, this massive baby shoots up on the screen, moving all over the freakin place! And yes, that is a little heart beating like mad. Whew! I could not believe how much this baby is moving around, after a couple flips and kicks, he/she finally settles on his/her back and the dr is able to do a measurement. He says the baby is a little bit bigger than normal but everything is on track and the baby looks very healthy. I look over at my husband and my adorable daughter, and both of their jaws are on the floor. Jason is about to cry. The feeling in the room is pure joy. Alana gets a copy of the ultrasound picture and shows people walking down the street. So funny. I gotta say, everything is 'different' between all of us in the Bean house right now after that. And when I say different, I mean different in a wonderful way. Everyone is so sweet, and no body seems to be fretting about the little things through out the day. Life and people are absolute miracles, and that is what matters.

No comments: