Challenge Packs!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

When Momma Ain't Happy...

And it goes on to say "Aint nobody happy.." When it should really say "It's momma's responsibility to deal with it."---Carol Kuykendall, MOPS International

I'm reading a book right now called "The promise of a Mother's Prayers" by Scharlotte Rich. I HIGHLY reccommend this book to anyone that is a mom, or soon to become one. Being a mother can sometimes be hard, ok maybe alot of the times! But let me tell you, it is the most rewarding, God honoring, selfless thing that I think anyone can do. I have been changed, molded, and shown every day what it must be like for our Father to watch over us, worry about us, the way we do for our own children.

The biggest 'milestone' that I have overcome lately, has been to truly appreciate this moment, this time in my life with my daughter and husband. These years I will never get back. When I'm secretly wishing that she (alana) will "just grow up" during some difficult moments with her, I am treating these precious times with her like they are nothing. Right now, Alana thinks that I am just the best darn thing ever, and she will tell me, all of the time. Not saying that this will ever change, but I just might hear it from her a bit less as the years go by and she get's more independant. My favorite times with her are when I am putting her to bed, and we read, we pray, and we just cuddle for a couple minutes before we say goodnight. She hugs me, and we go back and forth about how much we love eachother. I know that when she's a teenager..we might not do that as much. And so I am learning to savor these moments, to treasure them, and keep them close to me. My prayer is for all moms is that you will enjoy the great gift you have been given as a woman with children. What a privelage that we as mothers have to be our kids #1 person in the whole world!

She is clothes in strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come....
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all." (Proverbs 31:25,28-29)

The cheerful heart has a continual feast. (Proverbs 15:15)

No comments: