Challenge Packs!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Roadblocks



I'm hitting a huge roadblock right now-our (mine and jason) attempts at conceiving soon are going to be put on pause because of some stupid medication that my doctor wants to put me on for a chronic illness. Frustrating!!! I almost don't know what to do really. Do I take it, and put that life (with child) on hold for a while..and then go through a rough withdrawal period. Or do I just say, screw it all, don't take any meds, and begin trying to have a baby? It's tough. Please keep us in your prayers for understanding and enlightenment. OH and a whole lot of patience!

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.(Psalm 27:14)

this is one of my favorites, just reading it one time every day gives me a new sense of strength and energy.

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(Isaiah 40:29-31)

I've gotta say I don't know what my life would be without the Word. When people say it is their 'bread of life'..it really is true, without food for a long time, you eventually will feel like you are going to die from lack of nutrition. It is the same way with the Word. It really is. There was a long time that I completely brushed off the Word and had 'better' things to do, my life pretty much went into a downword spiral of sadness. This is not the life that He wants to give us, He wants us to have a life worth living. Start reading the bible every day, and I dare you to compare different qualities of your life to when you didn't read it at all. I guarauntee there will be a difference...:)
On another note: Today I am fasting for direction. Unfortunately, I haven't fasted in a long time, and I need some MAJOR direction and healing. Please pray for me as well. Thanks!

No comments: