Challenge Packs!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Not fitness related: Reality TV is poisen for Families

Case in Point-The Gosselins. This is my opinion, so you can take it as you want.

The popular reality TV show, "John and Kate plus 8" on TLC USED to be one of my faves, and also a good family show to watch. Recently, in their highest rated TV show ever, with almost 10 million viewers-I watched a family fall apart. They sat on different couches to talk, and at the end when they were on the chair together...let's just say the body language speaks everything. What I noticed that Kate was saying over and over again, was that "she lives and breathes for her kids, they are the reason I get up in the mornings, my life is all about them, #1.." and so on. THAT is the first mistake right there. I'm no expert, by any means, but I do not think that in a family environment the kids should come first. Your spouse should absolutely come first, and family dynamic will naturally fall into place. It's just a tried and true statistically speaking fact, (and biblical, I might add, which surprises me since Kate speaks at churches alot). Children CRAVE a strong parental unit, and if they see that it is always intact, and never separating, they will feel more safe and loved in the end, because they know that their homelife will never be disrupted or torn apart. All I saw on that show was Kate (excuse my french, I'm not perfect!) being a major beotch on TV, even to her children. John (not making excuses for him) was very mellow, and just trying to fair under her constant controlling ways. Of course nobody knows everything that is going on under the scenes, but come on, they ARE on a reality show, so viewers get to see ALOT. It saddens me that the children have to go through something so horrific and so public, and I just wish they would have said no to the initial offer to be on one. Maybe it would have turned out different for them. I think a solid family unit is worth more than all the money in the world than speaking engagements and a TV show could offer them, ever. I just hope and pray that they put their marriage first, and kids second, and to not just throw it away.

Just my rant for the moment. :)

Have a blessed Sunday!

In Him and Health-Demi

No comments: