Challenge Packs!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything


Does anyone know who said that?

I've heard it before, and honestly I think the first time I heard it was from a christian girl named Robin that was on America's Next Top Model, because she didn't want to pose nude. (See pic,you can tell she wasn't too keen on standing in a bra either.) Now, I know she didn't coin the term, but I think she referred to her grandma as saying it. Thanks to her grandma (I think?) because that is a great saying.

I don't know what the bible says about it, but I'll do the research on that for sho'.
(If you have a particular verse that applies to that, please share, I have been searching, but I can't find anything :( ..)

So anywho-something I've always wanted to ask..what is ya'lls favorite bible verse? I would love to hear them. Me and my hubby have our favorite and I would love to share: Romans 8 31-38. All of Romans is AHmazing, but these are our favorites for this season in our lives...

"What can we say about all this? If God is on our side, can anyone be against us? God did not keep back his own Son, but he gave him for us. If God did this, won't he freely give us everything else? If God says his chosen ones are acceptable to him, can anyone bring charges against them? Or can anyone condemn them? No indeed! Christ died and was raised to life, and now he is at God's right side, [e] speaking to him for us. Can anything separate us from the love of Christ? Can trouble, suffering, and hard times, or hunger and nakedness, or danger and death? It is exactly as the Scriptures say, "For you we face death all day long. We are like sheep on their way to be butchered." In everything we have won more than a victory because of Christ who loves us. I am sure that nothing can separate us from God's love--not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future, and not powers above or powers below. Nothing in all creation can separate us from God's love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord!"


Gotta love the "Contemporary English" version!

No comments: