Challenge Packs!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Life Happens

I usually only blog when I feel inspired, or if I'm ticked off about something. Today, will be a little bit of both.

First off-Glory to God in His Highest. Without Him, I would be a useless moron who acts only on emotion. I would probably be in jail or dead if it weren't for Him saving me.

Secondly-The promise of resisting the devil, and him fleeing from you-really is true and does work! Yeah, I know, we read it all the time, but do we believe it? I've had some experiences play out in the past week that were really rough, and I faltered. I played into the devil's evil intentions of trying to make me feel helpless-and I believed him, for a short while. Then I was like, NO! I will resist, I will not let words of anger or derangement come out of my mouth even when someone is directing the most hateful words and intentions towards me. I carefully monitored every single word that came out of my mouth and asked for the Holy Spirit's help--and you know what? The devil fleed. AMEN to that! Satan comes to seek and destroy, even through family members or friends. Being a Christ follower doesn't mean you will have no troubles-in fact your troubles may triple! We just have to persevere through it and show that we can gain character, because that is exactly what happens. Every obstacle that we overcome through Christ Jesus will give us more strength to make it through the next obstacle we come in contact with.

Lastly-I am KILLING it, with the workouts. You like my transition there? LOL. I think alot of us make a bunch of lame excuses as to not get in shape. They compare themselves to other people. "Why don't I have a sixpack" or "Why do I have cellulite." Wah, Wah, Wah. Think for a second if the way you looked had nothing to do with working out. Would you still do it? What if the only benefit was how you felt inside? How about then? What if working out was the only way to prevent the type 2 diabetes that runs in your family? Or heart disease? Or depression? Would you do it then, even if you still had a fat butt and no six pack in sight. Well I hope to God your answer is YES I would-because that is THE heart of the matter. Yes, working out has what I like to call "fringe" benefits of the nice stomach, butt, thighs, muscles, etc. But we can't do it just for that. We MUST do it for our internal health and wellbeing mentally as well. If you don't workout at all, and you eat crap food all day, you will never be 100% satisfied with life or the way you feel about yourself. PERIOD. And if you think you can get by without it, you are sorely mistaken and are just simply lying to yourself. Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know, that I feel great. Mentally and physically. It really doesn't get better than this-to feel this way even after having kids. Yeah, we all get in a funk sometimes no matter what-but IT IS UP TO YOU AND NO ON ELSE-if you let yourself get out of it and get on with your life, and live the life you were meant to live.

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

In Him and Health-Demi

2 comments:

Missresa's said...

AMEN!!! Right now at my church we're doing a conference with visiting pastors, and the message is about CONTENTMENT... Whether things are at their worst or at their very best-because if you can find contentment at those extremes, it's much easier to have it somewhere in the middle. And as for working out for health? Ii think that if you do it for that reason, and not just to look cute in our clothes, we can be much more successful! Another awesome blog, Demi!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful post Demi!!