Challenge Packs!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Accountability

What I want to say is this: Accountability is SO important. If you are secretly chowing down on food late at night, and wondering why you are not getting results..well, then maybe it would be a good idea to talk to someone about that. If you are skipping your workouts, and eating desserts left and right, have THAT person to talk to, to motivate you to NOT dwell on it, and make up for it the next day.

One thing I want YOU to keep me accountable on is my alcohol intake. Yes, I said it. I like to have a nightcap every night, and I would like to not have to do that anymore. So, I am going to go on a "no alcohol" fast starting tomorrow. I am not shy when it comes to drinking socially, I don't think there is anything wrong with it, even as a Christian, if you can control yourself, than have that glass of wine with dinner! Or even have a couple with a friend if you feel like it. I'm not judging anyone but myself! So I am going to just 'keep things in check' and make sure I'm not dependent on anything. So check up on me from now and then and ask me if I had something last night and yell at me if you want to. I can take it! :) Honestly, I think I will be fine with it, but like with other "diseases", you gotta catch these things early...not like I'm anywhere near that..but still, I want to have a fog-free mind so I can hear God when I need to and wake up with a fresh mind that allows me to serve Him and my family and friends. I feel like this is what I need to do. Thank you for being non-judgmental and being understanding.

In Him and Health-Demi

4 comments:

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Accountability is important! Thank you so much for your honesty and asking us to hold you up. I'll be here for ya sista!

Unknown said...

Thanks Christina!! I'll need it :)

Jade said...

Do you have a camera in my kitchen - how did you know i've been having desserts at night? :)

I've got your back, Demi!

Unknown said...

Ha-Jade-I've done it too a couple times!

Thanks :)