Challenge Packs!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Whew baby, Chest and Back + Ab Ripper...

Well, it went great in some parts, and not so well in other parts.

My strengths: PUSH UPS

I have worked on them for a long time. I have been focusing alot lately on going much, much deeper in them, and keeping perfect form, on my toes. No girl push ups for me. They are GOOD.

My weaknesses: PULL UPS

Now, at the end of Phase 2, before the Recovery Week, I could do 4 unassisted pull ups (close grip underhand). Today I could only do 2! I'm hoping that by the end of this week, I'll be back up to 4 and hopefully more!

Another strength: ABDOMINAL AREA

This is just not about vanity. Yes, my abs look good, (I'm not trying to be conceited, but visually, they are good..they could be better, I think.), but I noticed that my core strength has improved dramatically during Ab-Ripper, which is more important to me. To put it lightly: I KILLED it.

So in closing, I think there are alot of hills and valleys in this program. BUT, I think in the end, it all comes together to be as healthy and strong as you can be.

Another tip of advice: If it were up to me, I would AXE the Lean program. I think women all too quickly go to it, because they don't want to "bulk up." It simply won't happen because you don't have tons of testosterone in your body, like a typical man does. If you can pass the fit test in the program-do Classic. I have been pushing as much weight as possible in every workout in Classic..and I don't look like a body builder.

Smooches, Demi

1 comment:

John said...

I agree with you about ignoring the "lean program." It's all too often used as a cop out because women are afraid of bulking up. Like you've found, that's not going to happen.

Here's a newsflash to women also. Guys love a little bit of muscle on women, so don't be afraid.